Publications & recommendations
Quality models in online and open education
This study carried out by a team coordinated by the European Association for Distance Teaching Universities (EADTU) on behalf of the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE) is for:
- institutional leaders responsible for quality in online, open and flexible higher education
- faculty wanting to have an overview of the field
- newcomers that want to develop quality schemes
- policy makers in governments, agencies and organisations
- major educational stakeholders in the international community
It is a must-read for any person concerned with quality in online, open and flexible higher education.
- Bates T (23 February 2015) What do we mean by quality when teaching in a digital age? (Blogpost)
- Mapstone S (Ed) Buttendijk S. & Wiberg E (2014) Online learning at research intensive universities. LERU Advisory paper no 16, June 2014.
- NAHE [Swedish National Agency for Higher Education/ Högskoleverket] (2008) E-learning quality. Aspects and criteria for evaluation of e-learning in Higher Education. Högskoleverkets rapportserie 2008:11R. Solna: Högskoleverket.
- NVAO (2014) MOOCs and online Higher Education. A Survey. The Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO).
- Ossiannilsson E (2012) Benchmarking e-learning in Higher Education: lessons learned from international projects. Doctoral dissertation, University of Oulu Graduate School; University of Oulu, Faculty of Technology, Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, University of Oulu, Finland.
- Uvalić-Trumbić S & Sir Daniel J (Eds) (2014) A guide to quality in post-traditional online Higher Education. Mountain Views: Academic Partnerships .